Parsing inflected forms may not always work as expected. If the following does not give the correct word, try Latin Words or Perseus.
ŏvīle, is, n. [ovis].
- I. A sheepfold (syn. caula).
- A. Lit.: non lupus insidias explorat ovilia circum, Verg. G. 3, 537; id. A. 9, 59; Ov. Tr. 4, 1, 79.
- 2. A fold for goats: aliis in ovilibus haedi, Ov. M. 13, 828.
- B. Fig., the church or fold of Christ, Vulg. Johan. 10, 1, 16.
- II. Ovile, an enclosed space in the Campus Martius, where the Romans voted at their comitia, Liv. 26, 22; Juv. 6, 528.
Plur., Luc. 2, 197; cf. Serv. Verg. E. 1, 34.