Parsing inflected forms may not always work as expected. If the following does not give the correct word, try Latin Words or Perseus.
Quintĭlĭus (Quinct-), i, m., Quin-tĭlĭa (Quinct-), ae, f.,
- I. the name of a Roman gens. Thus,
- 1. Quintilius Varus, proconsul of Syria, afterwards commander of the Romans in Germany, defeated by Arminius, Vell. 2, 117, 2; Suet. Tib. 17; Tac. A. 1, 3; Flor. 4, 12.
- 2. A poet of Cremona, a friend of Horace, and kinsman of Virgil, Hor. C. 1, 24, 5; 12; id. A. P. 438.
- 3. Fem. Quintilia, Cat. 96, 7.
- II. Quintĭ-lĭānus, a, um, adj., of or belonging to a Quintilius, Quintilian: Luperci, Paul. ex Fest. s. v. faviani, p. 87 Müll.; cf. id. ib. 257.