Parsing inflected forms may not always work as expected. If the following does not give the correct word, try Latin Words or Perseus.
Ascra, ae, f., = Ἄσκρα.
- I. A village in Bœotia, near Mount Helicon, the birthplace of Hesiod, Ov. P. 4, 14, 31.
- II. As-craeus, a, um, adj., = Ἀσκραῖος.
- A. Ascrœan: nemus, Prop. 2, 13, 4: poëta, i. e. Hesiod, id. 2, 34, 77: senex, the same, Verg. E. 6, 70.
Also subst.: Ascraeus, i, m., Hesiod, Ov. Am. 1, 15, 11.
- B. Of or pertaining to Hesiod: carmen, i. e. rural, Verg. G. 2, 176; Col. 10, 436: boves, which Hesiod pastured, Ov. F. 6, 14.
- C. Of Helicon, Heliconian: fontes, Prop. 2, 10, 25.